Just another average sunset in paradise!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Search Begins

When I decided that my trip to Mexico would be by motorhome and not by boat I started looking for the perfect RV for me.   While making my decision I kept a quote from Sterling Hayden's book "Wanderer" in mind:

"What does a man need - really need?  A few pounds of food each day, heat and shelter, six feet to lie down in - and some form of working activity that will yield a sense of accomplishment."

I find it interesting that he wrote "six feet to lie down in" when he stood 6'5"!  Those of you under the age of 65 can click on the following url http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_Hayden to learn more about this maverick/actor/author/adventurer.    In another section of his book, he professed the belief that a voyage (in my case a journey) was better appreciated if it made you stretch your assets to their fullest.  While I can afford to spend much more per month than my budget of $600., setting a low budget amount will, hopefully, force me to take the time to stop and smell the cactus.

Traveling solo in Mexico, what do I need - really need?  I need the smallest, self-contained RV I can find.  

1 comment:

  1. Looking back at our purchase of a 36 footer, both my wife and I wonder if we made the right choice and both agreed if we were single, a smaller RV would easily suffice.

    Considering what fuel costs right now, a deisel 24 footer sounds fantastic! Good luck on your trip to Mexico!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete