Just another average sunset in paradise!

Monday, March 28, 2011

All you have to do is start

Who hasn't contemplated old habits they could break and new habits they should start.  I do it all the time.  Today I was thinking about what I should have for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  The thoughts of starting to eat healthier weighed heavily on my mind so I decided that it would be a bowl of cereal with a banana for breakfast; a spinach salad for lunch; and a chicken stir fry for dinner with broccoli, carrots, bell peppers and onions. It was easy to pick my menu because I really enjoy all three meals.

I had great resolve as I headed to the kitchen.  I took out the cereal box and opened the fridge to get the milk.  It was then that I noticed I had a container of homemade chili that I needed to use soon and a block of cheddar cheese that probably didn't have much shelf life remaining.  Not wanting to be wasteful I changed the breakfast menu to a 3 egg chili-cheese omelet and a couple of slices of rye toast slathered in butter.

Adjusted menu should be a banana for lunch and the spinach salad for dinner.  We'll see!

5 comments:

  1. Now thats what I'm talking about a real man's breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As my dad used to say as he was finishing that last piece of pie, "If it's going to go to waste, it might as well go to MY waist." Gotta use up those leftovers LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha Ha! Been there, done that. Good luck with the banana and spinach! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got caught up on your blog and really enjoyed the camping trip saga. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny! We've all done that...

    ReplyDelete