Just another average sunset in paradise!

Monday, March 5, 2012

Farmer Dave

There is so much space available up on the hill I decided to plant some vegetables and flowers.  The soil is not the best so we will have to wait and see what grows from the first seeds I planted.  At the farmer's market last week a neighbor was selling topsoil that looked like a good mixture.  I bought 10 forty kilo bags and it was delivered to the hilltop at no charge.

Once I had the soil it only took a short while to decide that I would build some planters so that the flowers and veggies would be in soil.  With the help of the caretaker we had four built in less than an hour.

Sunflowers and carrots

Sunflowers, asters, cherry tomatoes

Spinach and lettuce

Sunflowers and asters


No comments:

Post a Comment