Just another average sunset in paradise!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A shopping trip . . .

Brett and Bob and I piled into Dod for a trip into San Blas (about 10 kilometers).  They needed to pick up the laundry they dropped off the day before and I needed some essential supplies.  I bought 2 bell peppers, 2 onions, 1 pablano pepper, 4 bananas, 4 tomatoes and a bag of tortillas for 80 pesos ($6. US),  I bought a smoked pork chop, a package of turkey wieners, a can of beans and a carton of cottage cheese for 70 pesos ($5. US), I bought 4 great sandwich rolls for 14 pesos (about $1. US).  Then I really got down to business and went to the liquor store.  I was really just window shopping and pricing the different brands and I found something I had never seen before.


Normally, J & B (my favorite scotch) comes in the same bottle but the bottle is a clear dark green.  These bottles had some type of heat-shrink wrap applied before the labels went on.  Same stuff, same price but "Limited Edition".  I had to buy one of each color.  The price for both bottles was 568 pesos or about $42. US which is still less than they would have cost in the USA.  I think they will make great, colorful candle holders!

No trip to San Blas is complete without stopping by the San Blas Social Club.  The owner Augustin is from New York City and is a great host.  If you are new to San Blas, either Augustin or one of the regular patrons can direct you to anything you need.  They are experts on San Blas and surrounding areas.

That's Augustin behind the bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment