Just another average sunset in paradise!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Back in a driveway!

In a couple of previous posts I commented that I would rather finish the necessary work on Dod in a forest than in a driveway.  That was before I arrived at DJ's sisters home and discovered one of the best driveways I have ever seen.  We are in Pendleton, OR parked in a driveway that is only a stone's throw from the Umatilla River.

View from Dod's door.

View from my office window.

Jesse is okay with this stop too!

Full power, wi-fi, hot showers, great home-cooked meals and super hosts.  What more could you ask for?  This will be our home base until early August and we will take weekly trips to the nearby (10 to 20 miles away) forests to fine tune our boondocking skills.

I posted earlier that I didn't think I could meet my budget projections for July due to all the fuel expenses but now it seems possible that I may actually be able to come in under budget.  Even though it is not required, I am trading labor in lieu of paying for a site.  The house here was built in 1928 and is currently being considered for addition to the state's historical buildings list.  With a house this old there is always something to be done and I am more than happy to help with the necessary repairs.  I even mowed a lawn for the first time in several years and enjoyed it immensely. 

Loving life!


10 comments:

  1. Looks like you and Jesse are a couple of lucky dogs!!! Looking forward to some more pics and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a perfect place to complete repairs, etc. Do they accept reservations? ( I love seeing Jessie looking so happy and carefree!)

    Cyndi & Stumpy @ RVly Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Best friends campgrounds are always the best. Hope you'll share pics of the old house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like Jesse is loving life too. You sure lucked out...GREAT spot to stay while you get ready for your big adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good place to hang and make repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great spot to rest up and get some work done too. Jesse looks pretty comfy there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a nice spot to sit for a while!!..enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great looking spot and under budget to boot...

    ReplyDelete