Just another average sunset in paradise!

Monday, December 17, 2012

What do I miss most?

The sea!

One of my favorite songs is "Cool Change" by the Little River Band.  Following is the first stanza of that song:

If there's one thing in my life that's missing,
It's the time that I spend alone,
Sailing on the cool and bright clear water.


There really is something special being out in the middle of the ocean with the wind and the waves providing the only sounds.  It is really not all that different from sitting on the patio at the house in Aticama.  The surf and almost constant breezes combine to provide a gentle symphony 24 hours a day.  Depending on the season, the rain will join in with a gentle percussion accompaniment.

This symphony includes a great view, fresh air and a feeling of serenity.  I spend 3 or 4 hours each day just sitting there and letting my senses absorb the beauty that surrounds me.


Is it just me or do you think I may be a little bit homesick?




1 comment: