Just another average sunset in paradise!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

A vacation from vacation?

Living in Aticama is like being on a permanent vacation.  While I spend my days in the house and on the patio, each night I sleep in Dod to escape the mosquitoes and jejenes that are sometimes annoying.  This is really not much different from the time I spent on the road in Dod spending the days outside and the nights inside.

I now consider Aticama to be my permanent residence so traveling North to Bakersfield is like a vacation.  My brother Rick and his wife Karen certainly make it seem that way as they try to discourage me from doing any type of work while I am here.  Like a typical vacation, the food is great, the company wonderful and there are many things to do that are not available in Aticama.

Just like my actual vacations in the past, I will be sad for this one to end but I know it must.  Hopefully in the future I will be able to plan my vacations here just for enjoyment and not medical reasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment