Just another average sunset in paradise!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The countdown begins

With surgery behind me I have made plans for my return to Aticama!  I had several choices including flying from Tijuana to either Guadalajara or Puerto Vallarta.  In both cases I would need to take a bus back to Aticama.  When I first started checking into air fares flights were available for around $100.  but have now risen to nearly $200.  The good thing about flying is that I could be in Aticama in time for New Years.  The downside is that after airfare, bus fare and hotel expenses, I would be out about $350.

A second alternative came in the form of an invitation to join some friends in their RV for the entire trip to Aticama.  I met Brett, Sharon, Bob and Gloria at El Chaco RV park last winter.  Both couples have large motor homes and caravaned to Mexico all the way from British Colombia  This year Brett and Sharon are bringing their motor home and Bob and Gloria are caravaning with them in a car.

A winter bar-b-que at Hill Top House

As of today,  I have a doctor's appointment on the 2nd and then on the 3rd, my brother and I will drive to Laughlin, NV and meet up with Brett and Bob in Needles.  We will then proceed south to Aticama with a few stops along the way.

1 comment: