Just another average sunset in paradise!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Jess has to go!

DJ's daughter gave birth early Friday morning to a 7 lb 15 oz baby boy, Tristan.  Tristan is DJ's seventh grandchild so she is now even with me.

Saturday, DJ came to visit and we had a celebratory steak dinner and tried out a skillet that will be used for most of our cooking in Dod. It is really unusual.  It is aluminum with a bottom that is about 1/2" thick and it has a non-stick surface.  I put it on a burner, heated it up very hot and then threw a well seasoned Rib-Eye steak on it.  After just two minutes on each side, the steak was a perfect medium rare and tasted just as great as any grilled or barbequed steak that I have ever had.

The parents of DJ's son-in-law (I don't know if there is a word that really describes this relationship.) have rented a beach house in San Diego for the Memorial Day weekend and we are invited.  We were trying to decide if we should take Dod and camp out in front of the house, get a room nearby or take sleeping bags and crash on the living room floor when Jesse came over and put his head and paws on my lap.  I looked at DJ and said "Jesse has to go!".

The decision was easy after that realization.  Dod will make another shake-down trip and I have a busy week ahead making some minor repairs and doing some major clean-up in Dod's interior.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa - that title scared me a bit at first. Glad it was different from what I thought at first. But of course Jesse has to go!

    ReplyDelete