Just another average sunset in paradise!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weighting for results

My last couple of weeks in Aticama several friends told me how healthy and thin I looked.  There are two words for thin in Spanish: delgado means thin and flaco means skinny.  Everyone said I was "delgado" which made me feel good about my weight.   I had no idea how much I weighed but I had started tucking my shirt in for the first time in several years which made me realize that I had lost my "gut" even though it was small to begin with.

When I stepped on the scale at the doctor's office I was really surprised to find that I weighed only 175 pounds which is about what I weighed in high school and the lowest I have weighed since.  After checking 3 sites on the internet I discovered that at 6'1", 175 lbs was the ideal weight for my age.  My brother told me that my weight would increase now that I am at his house and eating well again.  I told him that I eat well in Aticama and I think I do.  My normal daily dining schedule includes four meals a day but they are smaller than what I have consumed in the past.  Well, partial results are in: After one week of great food at Rick's I have gained 6 pounds and now have the responsibility to exercise so my weight gain will be distributed over my body and not create another "gut".  

2 comments:

  1. hope you have a safe return to aticama and sarah and friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No updates since October...what's going on?

    ReplyDelete