Just another average sunset in paradise!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Another lightning story

Two nights ago we had a really neat thunderstorm.  The lightning went on for hours without stopping.  I decided to count the flashes and came up with 53 separate lightning flashes in one minute!  While most of the flashes were from far away, three of them were so close that when I tried the one-one-thousand method of determining distance, I only got out the first "one".  It was awsome!

After that, I decided to see how few minutes there were without thunder.  As you know, when lightning strikes, the thunder comes just a little later and it continues on for a few seconds.  I was lying there in Dod listening carefully and there was no break in the thunder for 5 minutes.  Before one burst of thunder was over another one had started.

I was still listening to the thunder as I drifted off to sleep.  Who needs sheep to count?

No comments:

Post a Comment