Just another average sunset in paradise!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lightning and more lightning

It has been storming here on and off (mostly on) since the middle of June.  I don't think we have gone more than two days in a row without rain.  It rains mostly at night but the storms during the day are my favorites.  I love it when it is around 90 degrees and it starts to rain.  Standing out on the patio and watching the clouds with raindrops falling on me is pure enjoyment.

I have seen more lightning and heard more thunder in the last 5 weeks than I have seen and heard in my entire life.  When there is a thunderstorm here, the lighting flashes occur about 10 times every minute and can go on for hours.

I am still posting from the internet cafe as my connection on the hill is very ¨"iffy"!  At first my donated computer was very slow but I tweaked it a bit and the speed is much better.  However, I am only getting one bar out of five up at my house and the slow connection drives me crazy.  I will try a more powerful antenna but I do not have high hopes.  I will probably just make do until I visit the US and then shop for a new computer.

2 comments:

  1. Dave, Your descriptions of lightning and thunder are wonderful. In my mind's eye, I am there on the patio with you.

    What are you using for an internet connection? Is it Telcel Banda Ancha?

    George

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you could send some of that rain to this part of the country. (Nebraska & surrounding states) We finally got a nice rain Wednesday night, the first since about the third week of June. Awfully dry here. I love thunder storms do I wouldn't mind having a little of the thunder and lightning too as long as it comes with rain and not the dry thunderstorms like what started the huge fires west of here near Ainsworth.

    ReplyDelete